How does the MILKLAB Barista Battle Series work?
- Regional heats for the MILKLAB Barista Battle series will run in seven states across Australia in July 2023.
- Winners of heats will go on to rep their state at the national finals, held at Melbourne International Coffee Expo (MICE).
- The winner of the Australian final at MICE will be invited to become a MILKLAB Master Barista and go on to the international final, where they’ll compete against MILKLAB Master Baristas from across the globe for the chance to win a trip for two to Toronto Coffee Festival 2024!
Check out highlights from last year's event
State heats competition format
Each heat will see 24 baristas battling it out in a head-to-head, bracket-style tournament. Each round is a knock-out battle with the best pour, as decided by our expert panel of judges, moving on to the next round.
To be crowned state champion, you’ll need to win 4 knock-out battles — there can be only 1 winner!
More details will be announced soon — be sure to sign up below to stay updated on the latest news.
- 1st Place: a pass to MICE to represent your state at the national final, return flights to Melbourne and 2 nights of accommodation, on MILKLAB. PLUS a weeks supply of MILKLAB Oat for your cafe/cafe you work at! (The VIC heat winner will get a pass to MICE and a $500 MasterCard gift card in place of flights and accommodation).
- 2nd Place: $200 MasterCard gift card.
- 3rd Place: $100 MasterCard gift card.
- All competitors will also get a MILKLAB merch pack.