MILKLAB 2023 Barista Battle Australian Champion and Master Barista @ponga.edenn unveils his camel latte art design using MILKLAB Oat.
The secret sauce behind this stunning creation with MILKLAB Oat? No hidden trick or key, just steam the milk to perfection to get it as silky as you can.
1. After mixing MILKLAB Oat with your coffee until you hit about 60% volume of the cup, start your first big rosetta (10-12 leaves) for the camel’s body, with the cup handle at 3 o’clock.
2. Start your second rosetta for the grass and make it on almost at the edge of the cup, with your handle still at 3 o’clock.
3. Tilt the cup handle to 6 o’clock and make a long rosetta for your neck, start from the side of the big rosetta.
4. Still in the same position, start your cactus! Pour a long rosetta nearly at the rim of the cup, try to make this rosetta shorter than your previous rosettas to get a realistic cactus on your cup.
5. Rotate your cup to 3 o’clock and start making your legs! Drag the 4 legs quickly with semi-dry foam milk. Which means there should still be liquid in your jug.
6. Dragging part! The best part of pouring this advanced pattern with MILKLAB Oat is pouring and dragging milk without hesitation, to avoid your milk blurirng. First drag the milk to make the camel’s back.
7. Go up through to make the neck and make an ear.
8. And then make the forehead area, nose and mouth and last but not least, its smiling eye.
9. Use a drop technique to fill up the remaining space and complete the composition of your pattern. Start with the humps and then make a sun in the sky!
Voila! Your smiling camel is ready to be served!
MILKLAB Master Barista, Rizky aka @ponga.edenn. 🏆 Winner of the MILKLAB Australia Barista Battle 2023.ponga.edenn